MY ROLE: UX/UI DESIGNER
TEAM: MOLLY FU, ASHLEY SOBHANI, JOHN O'NEIL
DURATION: 2 WEEKS
TOOLS: SKETCH APP, INVISION, MARVEL
Design and develop a donation feature that could be directly integrated into Venmo’s application.
The philanthropic ecosystem is evolving because millennials now have the largest buying power.
1. Millennials are handling money differently because of technological advancements and social media;
2. Millennials feel more intense pressures than predecessors because of student loans/debt/2008 recession;
3. Millennials must know “where” their money is going; they value security, accountability, and transparency.
Venmo Give - this is an integrated donation feature into the Venmo App that leverages the convenient, fast and secure method of money transactions desired by millennials today.
IDENTIFY USER | COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS | VIABLE SOLUTIONS | PERSONAS
SKETCHING | A/B TESTING | ITERATION | WIREFRAME | PROTOTYPE
FEEDBACK AND ITERATIONS
- Based on our feedback, we determined which flow to use. Also, we had some inspiring ideas during the test. Here are three major iterations.
- Rearranged the “organization” page, highlighted the “feature”,”trending” and “suggested by friend” sections.
- Added the progress bar into the “organization profile” page. "Gamified" the donation feature to let users feel they are actually contributing.
- Reduced the intro process from eight screens to three, largely because the first process was too lengthy and people lost interest in the feature.